Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My New Year's Resolutions

It has been an amazingly busy year with so many changes!  We found out we were pregnant with baby #3 near the beginning of the year, our other babies turned 2 and 4, we moved back home and bought a house that we spent the better part of the summer renovating and settling into, and we welcomed little Caroline in September!  Looking back on this year I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude for my family and all the people in my life and am looking forward to what 2014 has to bring! 

I love the idea of New Year's Resolutions!  Getting a fresh start and setting the reset button to make the following year the best it can be!  Last year I gave myself a nice well-rounded list of resolutions here.  However, I have to be honest... my good intentions rarely make it past January... see here.  This year I'm getting smarter!  Working under the premise of "set your goals low so you're not disappointed", here are my 2014 New Year's Resolutions!

1. Get my little boy potty-trained!! 
I've declared every pack of diapers I've bought for the last few months would be the last pack of diapers I'd buy, but between his lack of interest and my lack of effort I just keep buying more!  Well he turns 3 in the Spring and this mama has had 2 kids in diapers long enough!

2. Put pictures in all my empty frames!!
I was good enough to get all the frames out and set up when we moved into our house, but have yet to put a picture in any of them!  I always refer to them as my ghost family!  So this is the year to actually put them to use!

3. Make photo albums of kiddos!!
With baby number one, I stayed on top of uploading pictures and creating a 1 year album online.  However, I never added the one year pictures and therefore never ordered the album!  Babies 2 and 3 have no pictures uploaded, and in turn, no albums started!  I've got to get started so I can remember all the important details!!

4. Do crafts with my son!!
I always think of Teddy as younger than he is.  When Natalie was his age, we had been working on numbers, letters, and shapes for months and had created crafts to go along with all of them.  He's already got the letter recognition down so I'm excited to get started on numbers, shapes and colors!

5. Play more games with my daughter!!
Natalie is a quality-time kid.  There is nothing she loves more than undivided attention from mom or dad.  She's always loved puzzles but has recently shown an affinity for games.  As a board game/card game junkie myself, I'm pumped about this and want to encourage it as much as possible!

6. Get Caroline on a schedule!!
You'd think by baby number 3 I'd have my methods down pat, but somehow I have an almost 4 month old still sleeping in my room and a nursery that's not quite ready yet.  Perhaps I have to put "finish the nursery" on my list!  Natalie and Teddy were both around this age when I was able to get them into a good nap schedule and bed time routine so I've got to start soon with Caroline! 

7. Finish the nursery!!
#6 made me think of this, and as one who loves to check off my list of things to do, I might as well add it to this list!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment